The Concord Band can make good use of your contributions of both money
and volunteer time.
You can make direct contributions by visiting
our page on MkTix.com.
Scroll down to the bottom and click the "Contribute" button.
Direct monetary contributions can also be made by mailing a check to the
address at the top of the page.
Please include a note that gives your contact information, especially if
you wish to dedicate your contribution to a particular purpose or memorial.
You can support the Concord Band indirectly through your search activities
by using GoodSearch.com.
GoodSearch is a new Yahoo-powered search engine that donates half
its advertising revenue, about a penny per search, to the charities
its users designate.
Use it just as you would any search engine, get quality search results from
Yahoo, and the donations will add up.
You can customize your browser for easy access to GoodSearch by visiting
You can also support the Concord Band indirectly through your shopping
activities by using GoodShop.com.
GoodShop is a new Yahoo-powered shopping site that donates half its revenue
from vendors, usually representing a few percent of the purchase price, to the
charities its users designate.
There are many tasks associated with a concert that need to be done by
someone who isn't actually playing in the band, such as ticket-taking,
ushering/serving and general backstage management.
If you are able to volunteer your time to help us with concerts or other
tasks that come up from time to time, please drop us a note, leave a phone
message, or send email to
We particularly need volunteers, both band members and non-members, to
sign up for the various tasks associated with putting on the Pops.
Use this form to sign up.
All contributions will be gratefully acknowledged.
Here is an outline summarizing the non-musician tasks that need to get
done thoughout the year.
- Stage setup
- Distribution of new music
- Tear down folders at the end of each year
- Ticket sales
- Produce programs
- Arrangements for guest performers
- Raffle (Holiday Pops)
- Solicit gifts
- Sell tickets
- Do the drawing
- Hall decoration
- bulletin board
- poster cases out front
- Stage setup (and teardown)
- Box office
- purchase beverages, cookies
- verify cups, napkins (purchase as needed)
- organize setup
- organize servers
- Recording, Sound reinforcement
- Arrange for recording of indoor concerts
- Take orders
- Produce CDs
- Distribute CDs
- Pay license fees
- Arrange for professional sound reinforcement at Fruitlands
- Organize sound reinforcement at other "away" concerts
- Rent truck (primarily percussion equipment for all outdoor concerts)
- Organize volunteers to load, unload and drive truck
- Organize vehicles and volunteers for July 4
- Maintain database of subscribers
- Produce newsletter (or postcard)
- Print envelopes, newsletter
- Print labels
- Stick labels
- Stuff envelopes
- Deliver to post office
- Collect background material, conduct interviews
- Produce and distribute press releases (incl. ACB)
- Organize concert reviews
- Make sure material gets printed in appropriate media
- Produce and distribute concert posters
- Update bulletin board at 51 Walden
- Solicit donations (e.g., for truck)
- Thank-you notes to donors
- Arrange sponsored concerts
- Write grants
- Sell ads
- New member packets
- make copies
- purchase folders
- keep folders up to date
- pass out to new menbers
- Maintain database of members
- Maintain database of music, including new purchases
- Pull music from library and distribute to folders at beginning of season
- Collect folders and return sorted music to library at end of season
- Band answering machine
- Band website
- Band email services