2004 Concord Band and Fruitlands Photo Contest
CONCORD, MA June 24, 2004 Attention Photographers!
This summer, the Concord Band and Fruitlands Museums are conducting
their first Photo Contest, the purpose of which is to find interesting new
photos for use in future Fruitlands/Concord Band publicity. The contest is
open to everyone (including members of the Band and Fruitlands staff and
volunteers). Prizes, which will be awarded on the basis of originality,
creativity and utility for publicity purposes, will be copies of Concord
Band CDs, T-shirts, ceramic mugs and tickets to the Band's Fall and Winter
Concerts at 51 Walden. Winners will be notified by email and announced in
the Fall edition of Notes, the Concord Band newsletter. Prizes will be
mailed. Judging will be done by a committee appointed by the Concord Band
Board of Directors.
Please observe the following few simple rules, regulations and
- All photos must be submitted digitally in .jpg format via email to
Concord Band photo contest.
- The body of the email must contain the name, address and evening phone
number of the photographer.
- All submitted photos become the property of the Concord Band and may
be used for publicity purposes by the Concord Band and Fruitlands
Museums. When submitted photos are used, the photographer will be given
- All photos must be in full color.
- All photos must show the Concord Band, its conductor, members and/or
soloists, or prominent elements of the Fruitlands landscape in the
vicinity of the concert site during a concert.
- All photos must be printable such that their small dimensions are at
least four inches.
- Photo .jpg files may be no larger than 100 KB and should be named so
as to identify the photographer and the date taken.
- Photos may be retouched or post-processed.
- No more than 10 photos may be submitted by any individual.
- All photos from an individual must be submitted together.
- Photos may be submitted through August 31, 2004
Here are a few photos of the Concord Band at Fruitlands and the concert
environment that have been used or considered for use in recent years for
For additional information, contact Yvonne Dailey,
Concord Band Publicity.
Visit our website at